This month is National Sandwich Month and we couldn’t be more unaffected being every month is sandwich month for us. Nonetheless, we are slightly tingling from the idea of perusing through a slew of delicious sandwich recipes.
The recipe being suggested today isn’t exactly a sandwich but when we laid eyes on this recipe from Jessica of How Sweet It Is, we had no choice but to bring it our readers. Both creative and tasty, this recipe is guaranteed to impress any seafood lover.
Shrimp Burgers with Chipotle Cream and Coconut Peach Salsa.↓
• 1 pound raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
• 2/3 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 cup light sour cream
• 2 teaspoons chipotle sauce
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• 6 whole wheat buns, toasted
• 1 avocado, sliced for topping
Coconut Peach Salsa.↓
• 2 ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
• 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• salt + pepper to taste
Stir ingredients together and serves on top of burgers!
Add shrimp to a food processor and pulse until chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add egg, panko, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and basil. Mix until combined, then form shrimp into patties (form tightly with your hands, trying to prevent cracking). Heat a skillet oven medium heat and add half of the olive oil, then cook patties until golden on each side, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining burgers.
In a bowl, stir together sour cream, chipotle sauce, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread on top of burgers, then layer with avocado and peach salsa!